The Ebell of LA Venue Spotlight
The Ebell of LA Venue Spotlight … There are many beautiful event venues to choose from in Los Angeles, and The Ebell happens to be one of The Replicas very favorite. We even chose to shoot our last promo video(s) there! We wanted to take a minute to give a shout out to this incredibly gorgeous and historic space. We interviewed Melissa Allen, Director of Special Events of The Ebell (and fellow musician/songstress), to help us articulate why this is such an amazing venue. Together with Melissa we could write a book about The Ebell, but here is a condensed Q and A.
- What is the history of your venue?
The Ebell of Los Angeles is a social and philanthropic women’s club established in 1894, though the current clubhouse and adjacent Wilshire Ebell Theatre was built in 1927 and continues to be home to the Ebell Club. The Ebell is a historic landmark and National Treasure with a truly magnificent legacy.
- How many guests can you accommodate? up to 300 formally seated for dinner in one ballroom; up to 1,300 in a cocktail-style party design Ceremony? In our Garden, up to 170; in our Lounge, up to 250 Reception? up to 300 formally seated for dinner in one ballroom; up to 1,300 in a cocktail-style party design
- Do you provide In-House Catering? Yes, we have wonderful culinary offerings from our Executive Chef Louis Pechan.
- Is parking provided on-site? Yes, we have two parking lots that we share with the Wilshire Ebell Theatre
- Do you book more than one event per day? The clubhouse can accommodate two events at the same time, with each event space on different sides of the building or property with separate entrances and restrooms. Most often, we find couples enjoy the opportunity of renting the clubhouse entirely for their use. How will that affect my event? Our security team, parking attendants, and Event Managers are dedicated to assisting your guests to the appropriate event space and event orchestration.
- What is your favorite feature of your venue? I love our center courtyard garden at dusk; its like a massive, encompassing hug serenaded with the trickling water of the fountain.
Give us the top three reasons why couples should book your venue for their wedding/reception.
(1) The setting: the Ebell is an architectural masterpiece and such care and dedication is given in maintaining the nuance and historic accuracy of her presentation – truly enchanting. Photographers love it!
(2) The cuisine: The Ebell’s Executive Chef offers an outstanding culinary experience that soars above and beyond expectations.
(3) The experience: our Special Events Managers are some of the most dedicated and passionate professionals in the business. The compassion, care, attention and dedication they continually display – from first contact until returning from the honeymoon – is remarkable.
Thank you so much Melissa! We love The Ebell and always look forward to making our mutual clients happy by working with your wonderful staff of Event Professionals.