10 Songs for Your Cocktail Hour
The live wedding band music that soundtracks a cocktail party or cocktail hour needs to be neutral enough to not overpower the pockets of conversations of your guests, but also nuanced enough to provide a texture and sets a tone so your guests sense a feeling just as much as hear the tunes. We love cocktail parties – the swankier, all the better. Here are some of our favorites to play during that stemware-swirling mingling time:
Check out our Song List!
10. ALL OF ME … AS A JUMP-SWING OR SINATRA-CROON, THIS IS A CLASSIC
9. FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE – STEVIE WONDER’S JOYOUS BOUNCE OR TONY BENNETT’S SWINGING VERSION, EITHER ONE IS A HIT
8. L-O-V-E – PERFECT FOR A TRIO TO PLAY IN THE STYLE NAT KING COLE PERFECTED
7. BY YOUR SIDE – SMOOTH SADE PAIRS PERFECTLY WITH A CRISP CHARDONNAY
6. CRUISIN’ – WITH SUN SETTING ON THE COCKTAIL HOUR, SMOKEY ROBINSON’S CLASSIC IS PERFECTION
5. WONDERFUL TONIGHT – ERIC CLAPTON AT HIS MOST ROMANTIC
4. VALERIE – THIS AMY WINEHOUSE TUNE IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITES TO PERFORM
3. IT HAD TO BE YOU – HARRY CONNICK JR REINVENTED THIS CLASSIC AND ITS AN EVERGREEN HIT AT A COCKTAIL PARTY
2. LOVE SONG – THE CURE HOOKS YOU IN FROM THE FIRST GUITAR AND BASS STRUM
1. MOONDANCE – VAN MORRISON CLASSIC THAT WILL HAVE GUESTS SUBCONSCIOUSLY SNAPPING THEIR FINGERS OR NODDING ALONG
323.691.3883 / INFO@THEREPLICASMUSIC.COM
What do you think of this variety? Is there a tune you think is an absolute must? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.