- When and why did you start playing?
My family is a very musical family. I started in singing in church at the age of 4 and the rest was History. Music is my first love.
- Which instruments do you play? (Please be specific … i.e.: We want brand names of your axes and the stings you use / drum heads) I use and LP cyclops tambourine and Sanheiser mic e835
- What was the first tune(s) you learned?
The first song I learned was Jesus Loves Me. It is a baptist church Hymn.
- Which famous musicians do you admire? Why?
- What’s your favorite era of music?
My favorite era of music is probably a tie between Motown and early 2000s. It’s what I grew up on.
- Cake, Pie or Ice Cream?
I love my mom’s sweet potato pie. Other than that, I’m not attracted to most sweets.
- Favorite non Network Show?
My favorite non-network show? I’ve actually never heard this term. I don’t watch much tv. I only watch cartoons and they are all on networks, Haha.
8. Best undiscovered band?
The Diamond Light . They are a rock n roll band based in Los Angeles. Great Vocals, style , amazing instrumentation, and stage presence.
- Describe your first instrument.
My first instrument is my voice. I guess I’d say my singing style is a mix between soul and classic rock.
- Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones?
I don’t have much knowledge on old record or tapes.
- Who are your favorite musicians? Groups? CD’s?
My all time favorite albums are If You’re Reading This It’s To Late, The Carter 3, The Goat Rodeo Sessions, Nu Nation Project, and …Baby One More Time.
- How do you handle mistakes during a performance?
I just keep it moving. No one is perfect but the show must go on.
- Do you get nervous before a performance or a competition?
I always get nervous. If I’m not getting nervous, I might need to find a new profession or start learning something else to enhance my performance.
- What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous?
Use it for your own benefit. Let the crowd know that you’re nervous so you’re all on the same page. Always communicate. That’s always helped me.
- Do you read music?
Yes. I don’t know how to elaborate further on this, Haha.
- How often and for how long do you practice?
Sometimes, I’ll practice 5 hours a day especially if I have a big show coming up.
- What do you practice – exercises, new tunes, hard tunes, etc.?
I practice all the tunes I’m going to be playing. Exercises are good too. I personally don’t spend much time on it. Maybe 5mins.
- How do you balance your music with other obligations – mate, children, job?
Honestly, I’m still trying to figure this out for myself. I know that time management is a big part of it.
- Why do you like playing weddings?
I like being present for such a special moment. It’s truly an honor to play and help to set the magical mood.
- Describe the perfect wedding set list.
I just want to sing what the client wants me to sing. I have no preference.
- Favorite Venue for to play Live Music Entertainment?
My favorite venue to play is probably Hotel Cafe. Great sound and staff.
- Dream Gig?
My dream gig is playing my original music in front of thousands of people and all of them singing the lyrics. That would be truly magical to me!
- Name: Cheyenne Jolene
- Website: Bodaciousthang.com
- Training: UMKC, Musicians Institute
- Favorite place for breakfast?
Coffee For Breakfast
- Favorite LA venue to hear Live Music Entertainment?
Hotel Cafe is a great place to hear live music. I go there often to perform and spectate.
- Why do you enjoy being a part of The Replicas Music Family?
They have great vibes and keep me busy, Haha. I am new to this family so I am excited to see what the future will bring.